Tuesday 21 April 2009

Cast Not a Clout till May is Out


Skirt for M
Originally uploaded by bigbluebed

Or in other words don't put away your winter clothing too soon.
This is something my mum used to say when we wanted to wear our pretty Summer cotton dresses in April. I always thought it was the month of May but actually think it is the plant

Well, she hasn't worn it yet but I have made my girl a pretty summer skirt.

I bought this gorgeous fabric from Holland Fabric House on etsy, to make something with to sell in my own etsy shop. But it was so lovely I knew I had to make something for my girl (and my mum said I should!).

After searching for ages, I found a free pattern on the lovely blog of Oliver + S. It is such a simple pattern so if you have a little girl, I urge you to try it.

So check out HollandFabricHouse and Oliver + S.

When May is out, I will show you a picture of the girl herself wearing the skirt.

2 comments:

Nicola said...

But cute skirts like that look so cool over nice thick winter tights. A kinda Winter/Spring Fusion look, lol
Nicola x

Laura Trevey said...

it almost feels like summer in Richmond today!! 96 degrees :)