Friday 5 November 2010

New Car Booty Finds

Well an Indoor Car Boot.  They used to hold a flea market in the sports hall before the refurbishment. Not it is an Indoor Car Boot but it looks to me like the flea market stalls are coming back.  Which is a good thing.

I had a wander a couple of times round. Passed over responsibility of child to my mum which gave me the time and space to go where I wanted.

And I was rather lucky.  I bought two dishes with gloriously kitsch ducks on them for 10p each.  A lovely lady gave me free a Singer machine attachment as she had no idea what it was (mum tells me it is a buttonholer).  And I saw this lovely plate and purchased it for £1.



It is by made by Arabia in Finland. I looked them up and they have a huge production supplying a lot of Europe. But I could find nothing about this particular design.  I would love to know when it was made. At first I thought 1950s but now I am thinking 1970s.  If you know please tell me.

**UPDATE** The loevly Louise of ThirtyFive Flowers blog found the name of the design for me (see comments). Thank you so much!   It is called ' Emilia'.

5 comments:

Boo's Jewellery said...

I love finding treasures like that at car boots and in charity shops - that plate's a great find. Sounds like fun!

Unknown said...

Love a good boot sale! Than plate is very sweet
Gemxxx

louise35flower said...

That is such a find! there is a link here with some more info for you, well done :)
http://finnflair.com/category/home/

Bigbluebed said...

Thank you for your lovely comments.

And thank you so much Louise for finding the design name for me.

Izabela said...

wow lovely finds! the plate is amazing. I got your buttons yesterday and they are beautiful! Thank you!
x